Empowering Women in STEM Presents “The Art of Negotiation” Workshop
Empowering Women In STEM Presents “The Art of Negotiation” Workshop
When: March 5 , 2014: 1:00 pm-2:30 pm
Where: UC Davis, 126 Voorhies Hall
**The topic “Art of Negotiation” can be useful for Faculty as well as Students. All Faculty and Students irrespective of their gender and non STEM students are welcome to attend**
In this exciting, participatory workshop you will learn how being a good negotiator can help you succeed—whether you are negotiating your salary, resolving conflicts, or just navigating everyday life!
• How to prepare for a negotiation: groundwork for achieving
• How to negotiate with those that refuse to negotiate, and identifying ‘acceptable risk’
• The importance of building good relationships: working towards a common goal
• What not to say or do during a negotiation
• Differences in how males and females negotiate
• Carolyn Penny, Director of Campus Dialogue and
Deliberation, UC Davis
• Martha Guzman-Aceves, Deputy Legislative Secretary, Govenor Edmund G. Brown Jr.
• Ramona Swenson, Senior Consultant/Aquatic Ecologist, Cardno Entrix
QUESTIONS: Please contact Erin Arms (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Amandeep Kaur (email@example.com), Co-Chairs, Empowering Women in STEM (EWIS) committee, Chancellor’s Graduate and Professional Student Advisory Board (CGPSA)