Making the Most of Your Mentorship
The Sacramento Valley Chapter of the Association for Women in Science (svAWIS) and the UC Davis Women in Medicine and Health Science (WIMHS) invite you to “Making the Most of your Mentorship”.
It will take place on May 21, 2014 at the UCDavis Genome Center (GBSF) Auditorium from 5:30-7:00pm.
Look at the flyer for further information and RSVP by May 16th HERE
During this event you will have the chance to mix and mingle with members from both svAWIS and WIMHS, to attend a brief workshop highlighting how to get the most out of your mentor-mentee relationship, and to join us for our panel session where our esteemed panelists will discuss what mentorship means to them, how to best establish a mentor-mentee relationship, and how to make the most of that relationship.
Submit your questions to our presenter and panelists in advance (in the RSVP invite).
Esteemed speakers and panelists are:
- Dr. JoAnne Engebrecht: Professor and Vice Chair of Molecular and Cellular Biology at UC Davis, Co-director of ADVANCE Mentorship and Networking Initiative
- Dr. Josephine Moreno: Graduate Diversity Officer in Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies (HASS) and Education
- Dr. Beth Savidge: Plant Growth and Development Lead, Chemistry, Monsanto Company
- Dr. Julie Schweitzer: Professor and Director of ADHD Program, UC Davis MIND Institute, Co-Director of UC Davis CTSC Mentored Clinical Research Training Program and Chair of Curriculum Committee for UC Davis Schools of Health Mentoring Academy
- Dr. Judith Turgeon: Professor in Dept. Internal Medicine at UC Davis and Director of the Mentoring Academy for UC Davis School of Health